Thank you for your patience whilst we have been closed and your many messages of support
Due to Covid-19 and updated guidance from Public Health England and Environmental Health we have made several adjustments in how we will be operating going forward. This is to ensure the safety and well being of our staff and guests. A copy of our Covid-19 risk assessment can be viewed here
Some local attractions, activities and places of interest… The Tudor Arms is situated close to an interesting variety of local attractions and places of interest. Here are just some of those nearby or within a very short drive:
There are sixteen hides overlooking the fields, streams and lakes bordering the River Severn and the Gloucester and Sharpness Canal. Wildlife up close, great spectacles, things to do in beautiful surroundings, places for children to explore, good food, and friendly faces… An unforgettable day out!
Whether a simple day out on the canal is what you have in mind or you’re looking for a longer break, hiring a boat is is highly recommended.
Cycling is a great way of seeing the canal. A day out on your bike is a healthy, rewarding and traffic free way to experience some of the country’s most stunning waterside scenery.
The castle is steeped in history, retains many of its original features and has beautiful gardens and parklands set in the wonderful Worcestershire Countryside – making for a truly atmospheric and memorable day out for all the family.
A quiet country caravan site right alongside the Gloucester-Sharpness canal, it is an easy 5 minute walk from the world famous Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust Centre at Slimbridge and next door to The Tudor Arms.
Other places of interest within just a short drive include:
- Owlpen Manor
- Gloucester Docks
- Westonbirt Arboretum
- Racing at Cheltenham and Chepstow
- Stratford Park (The Museum in the Park)
Links of local interest:
- General Site for Cotswold Visitors
- Walking guide for nearby Dursley
- Cycle Route Berkelely to Painswick passing the Tudor Arms
- Cycle Route Berkelely to Gloucester passing the Tudor Arms
- Cycle Route Berkelely Circular passing the Tudor Arms
- Gloucester Narrow Boar Hire
- Cotswold Farm Park Nr Stow on the Wold GL54 5UG
- Old Down Country Park Nr Thornbury BS32 4PG
- Rococo Gardens Nr Painswick GL6 6TH
- Wetland Center Slimbridge GL2 7BT
- Berkeley Castle GL13 9PJ
- International Center for Birds of Prey Centre Nr Newent GL18 1JJ
- Gloucester Warwickshire Steam Railway from Cheltenham GL50 4SH
- Chelteham Race Course GL50 4SH
- Littledean Jail Nr Cinderford GL14 3NL
- Jet Age Museum Gloucester GL2 9QL
- Cattle Country Adventure Park Berkeley GL13 9EW
- Roman Baths, Bath BA11LZ
- Jenner Museum Berkeley
- Regimental Museum Glouceser GL1 2HE
- Outlet “Village”, Gloucester GL1 5SH